This website has been created for Calrossy Anglican School students, parents or teachers who seek advice and information to help with student’s careers transitions. The transition of a student includes three distinct stages, they are:
- Personal Discovery (self discovery, personality types, interests, hobbies, etc)
- Career Discovery (applying the discovery of the self and linking to the world of careers)
- Pathway Discovery (taking the known career interests and establishing the pathways to get there)
For more details on the three stages, please see the careers-pyramid
Students at Calrossy are enthused about their futures and take a keen interest in discovering where their personal interests may lead them into the future. The Calrossy Career Advisor helps students to become well informed, because informed students make well informed decisions.
The Calrossy Careers Program focuses on Years 10 to 12 with assistance available for students in younger years on an individual basis.
The Calrossy Careers Program assists students with all areas of careers discovery and planning including:
- career discover programs which include industry statistics, employment trends, future occupational trends and other related information
- personality vocational guidance
- career planning and mapping from senior school subject selections through to post school pathways and beyond
- job search skills including resume and portfolio development, employment applications, job interview skills and workplace expectations
- tertiary and vocational training pathways
- attendance and awareness of targeted events including university open days and careers expos
- guidance on all post school pathways including gap year options, scholarships, cadetships, internships and available university and tertiary entry options
If you need additional information, please contact the Careers Department on 0428 000 021 or (02) 5776 5100.